directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apacheDS JVM process crashes with OutOfMemory
Date Wed, 18 Jul 2018 16:43:37 GMT

Le 18/07/2018 à 18:24, Pankaj Rathod a écrit :
> Hi Team,
>
> We are using ApacheDS 2.0.0-M23 for our custom implementation of LDAP. We
> have set max memory usage (Xmx value) to 1024mb for apacheDS instance
> process. This java process for ldap instance is repeatedly crashing after
> every few days.
>
> Our Investigation details:
>     1. The core dumps are showing OutOfMemory issue.
>     2. After analysing the dumps, we see instance of
> org.apache.mina.transport.socket.nio.NioSocketAcceptor is occupying 94% of
> memory (more than 900mb). This MINA package is internal library for
> apacheDS jars.

Is it an option for you to share this core dumps?

Also can you prodile your server so that we can have an idea on what's
going on ?

> Query:
>     1. We want to know how to resolve this OutOfMemory and jvm crash issue.
> Is there any known issues associated with apacheDS related to OOM or JVM
> crashing or MINA package?

No, but it all depends on the size of data you store, and the kind of
request you do.

>     2. Is there any fixed upper limit of memory usage (Xmx value)
> associated with apacheDS ldap instance.

No. You can set it to whatever size you need.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org