directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ciphers support in ApacheDS-2.0.0_M24
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2018 07:24:29 GMT

Le 23/03/2018 à 17:13, virupaksh.ankad@gmail.com a écrit :
> Hello Team,
> Can you please confirm,
> 1. Which ciphers are by default supported in ApacheDS-2.0.0_M24 . We could see a bunch
of ciphers list in ApacheDS studio client [Open configuration->adv LDAPS configuration->
Cipher Suite]. However could not find any reference to ciphers in apacheds directory server
source.

Normal. We are using the default Java ciphers, so depending on the
version you use, you'll get different cipher list.

see

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/SunProviders.html
and

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/guides/security/SunProviders.html

> 2. If answer to 1 is yes, then how can we use/customize it.

The ads-enabledCiphers configuration attribute is the one to modify if
you want to specify a non-default list of ciphers. It can be configured
using Apache Directory Studio, in LDAP/LDAPS Servers pan, SSL Advanced
Settings.

Hope it helps.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny