directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Replication with StartTLS possible ?
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2018 19:56:00 GMT

Le 29/01/2018 à 02:26, Frédéric Alix a écrit :
> Hi everybody,
>
> I would like to know if it is possible to replicate master => slave with
> StartTLS

yes, it is.

> Is it possible and if yes, how can I do it please ?

Actually, this is the default configuration :-)

Otherwise, you just need to set the ads-replUseTls configuration
parameter to TRUE.

> A last question. If you can replicate partitions under StartTLS, do you
> think it is a good idea to replicate without VPN under two cloud
> providers ?

Ceinture et bretelles, as we say in France ;-)

More seriously, the performance impact should not be that huge in using
a VPN anyway, and you will control the network, which is always a good idea.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org