directory-users mailing list archives

From Serge Pouliquen <sp31...@free.fr>
Subject Re: apache DS + thunderbird : issue with TLS, while clear is functional
Date Tue, 07 Nov 2017 11:04:48 GMT
Hi,

Interesting question.

I'm planning to use the same piece of software on multiple devices : at
home on my main station, at work.

An other idea is to share that piece of software with family (in order
to have a unique address book) : some localhost, some over the wire...
and TLS will be mandatory...
I would prefer to avoid to many different settings on each device.

At work, I don't really trust admin, but I can't really keep them out
(they are root).

TLS is not mandatory, but I work a future idea that I would like to
implement.

I would like to use localhost for me (in order to test modification and
fast access) and set other other devices over the wire.

Maybe I should drop TLS for localhost connection.

I was surprised about my issue with localhost (sometimes it works,
sometimes not).
I will try to investigate a bit more on my certificate.
I know that if I allow clear transmission (for localhost), one day I
will configure access to that server for test purpose. Obviously, I will
forgot to change that after the test.

Thanks a lot for previous messages, it helps me
Regards
Serge