directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: apache DS + thunderbird : issue with TLS, while clear is functional
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 20:07:35 GMT

Le 06/11/2017 à 19:19, Serge Pouliquen a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I reply on my own message.
>
> I made additionnal tests.
> I generated a new certificate to server called 'testldap' and place an
> exception in thunderbird in order to have it valid in thuderbird.
>
> steps to reproduce : start computer, start thunderbird, open compose
> window, type some letters in recipient field in order to auto-complete
> with ldap search
>
> test1 : testldap is set to 127.0.0.1 (in /etc/hosts)
>  -> result is no auto complete on the first request (after stop start
> thunderbird, ldap auto-complete is fine)
>
> test2 : testldap is set (in /etc/hosts) to isp router and isp router
> is set to redirect port to the computer
>  -> result is auto complete is functional on the first request (and
> futures)
> I identified that auto complete is really longer to display proposed
> addresses
>
> My apache ds instance is request with localhost and the filesystem for
> apache ds is a ramdisk. So it's really fast, almost instantly.
>
> I don't really believe that a bug report like that will be processed
> by thunderbird developpers.
> Do you have any idea to improve my bug report ?
>
> Is there an option to slowing or delaying apache ds ?

I really don't think that the server speed has anything to do with your
problem : it's very likely that the LDAP client used in TB is blocking
(ie it will wait for the answer once the request has been sent).

There must be something to do with the certificate and the name. using
127.0.0.1 might not match the certificate host you have set.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org