directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How do I change the default admin private/public key through ApacheDS Studio
Date Sat, 07 Oct 2017 07:55:07 GMT
Hi,

Le 07/10/2017 à 07:08, Ike Ikonne a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I have been trying to generate and install a new private/public key
> for Apache DS listening on port 636. I generated a private key
> in PKCS8 format and with associated public key signed by the CA, but it
> appears
> that the way that I am installing it through Apache DS studio
> is not working. I get Handshake error when I try to connect via
> Apache DS studio on port 636. I would appreciate it if someone could
> enable me with the steps for installing privateKey/Public Key
> for the Apache Directory server via Apache DS studio.

The simplest way would be to set the private key in an external
keystore, as explained in
http://directory.staging.apache.org/apacheds/basic-ug/3.3-enabling-ssl.html

You can also store the public and private key in the user's entry
(privateKey and publicKey attributes) but it's less safe. --

Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org