directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with password keystore in M13
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 21:16:12 GMT
Hi Doug,

I suggest you fill a JIRA with your findings. IMO, this is a bug.

In any case, thanks for your report !

Le 14/09/2017 à 19:16, Black, Douglas a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I upgraded from M12 to M13 yesterday on a Windows 8.1 system, and DIRSTUDIO-1130 ("password
from keystore not used") issue is indeed fixed -- sort of.
>  It now uses the previously configured password keystore properly, meaning that I no
longer have to re-authenticate to the LDAP source every few minutes, but if I attempt to
> view the settings of the password keystore (Preferences > Apache Directory Studio
> Connections > Passwords Keystore) I get this error:
>
> "An error has occurred. See error log for more details.
> sun.nio.ch.ChannelInputStream cannot be cast to java.io.FileInputStream"
>
> ... meaning that I can't change the master password for the passwords keystore, nor can
I turn this feature off.

> If I launch the program as an administrative user (Run as Other User > [local administrator
account]) I can configure this, but of course that means I must always launch the program
this way.  Is this behavior intended?

> I also tried a fresh install on a Windows 10 system.  There, selecting Connections >
Password Keystore does not throw an error, but it doesn't save the settings.  If I check the
box for "store connection passwords in a password-protected keystore", enter a password and
click OK,  when I go back into that menu item, the checkbox is unchecked.  Launching the program
as an admin user does not help.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com