directory-users mailing list archives

From Claus-Justus Heine <hims...@claus-justus-heine.de.INVALID>
Subject Re: SASL PlAIN not possible?
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2017 20:57:14 GMT
Hi,

kind thanks for your efforts.

Actually, I stumbled over SASL / PLAIN as GSSAPI (at least in my setup)
does not seem to work on OSX with Java applications, in particular
ApacheDS. One hack around was a pass-through userPassword entry + Cyrus
saslauthd which in turn used Kerberos in order to authenticate with the KDC.

Of course, I can always use the full bind-dn and anonymous, but being
able to map the SASL-username to the desired bind DN in the LDAP-server
is more convenient.

Cheers, Claus

--
Claus-Justus Heine                      himself@claus-justus-heine.de