directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: cascading deletes question
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2017 23:32:41 GMT

Le 13/07/2017 à 17:57, Sathyanarayan, Harish a écrit :
> Hi All:
>
> Am looking to perform cascading deletes(delete the entire tree). Is there a specific
control/OID that needs to be used for this.

1.3.6.1.4.1.18060.0.0.1

>  I did not see a deleteTree() method in the newer client API jar that am using for LdapConnection
object.

We haven't exposed it. It's probably something missing. You can use the
Cacade control though (CascadeImpl)

> Wanted to know
> How you are implementing it currently or should this be something that users need to
implement on our own?. Btw,  deleting the tree (not just the leaf) works fine within apacheds
studio.

Studio implements it in a different way, which is more costly).

Side note : The ApacheDS server does not support the cascade control.

--

Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org