directory-users mailing list archives

From David Ing <ing.d...@gmail.com>
Subject [ApacheDS] Problem storing directory info in new partition
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2017 22:04:27 GMT
Please help.  I have attached a few LDIF files for reference.

I start with a fresh instance of ApacheDS 2.0.0-M24 and I create a new
partition as follows:

-------------
root@ads:/var/ldifs# ldapmodify -h localhost -p 10389 -D
'uid=admin,ou=system' -w secret -a -f ingpart.ldif
adding new entry
"ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=apacheRdn,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=apachePresence,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=apacheOneAlias,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=apacheSubAlias,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=apacheAlias,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=dc,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=krb5PrincipalName,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=objectClass,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=entryCSN,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=ou,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=uid,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"

adding new entry
"ads-indexAttributeId=administrativeRole,ou=indexes,ads-partitionId=ing,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config"
-------------

If you look inside the ingpart.ldif file, you will see that I have a an
ads-contextentry which is a base64 encoding of this:

dn: dc=ing,dc=science
dc: ing
objectclass: domain
objectclass: top

I'm not sure whether I need to declare my top-level domain because it is
already part of the base64-encoded ads-contextentry (described above).
However when I attempt to do so I get ERR_268:

-------------
root@ads:/var/ldifs# ldapmodify -h localhost -p 10389 -D
'uid=admin,ou=system' -w secret -a -f ing.ldif
adding new entry "dc=ing,dc=science"
ldap_add: No such object (32)
additional info: NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST
Message ID : 2
    Add Request :
Entry
    dn[n]: dc=ing,dc=science
    objectclass: domain
    objectclass: top
    dc: ing
: ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for dc=ing,dc=science

-------------

Next I attempt to declare some 'ou' nodes under the domain as follows, but
I get the ERR_268 error again.

-------------
root@ads:/var/ldifs# ldapmodify -h localhost -p 10389 -D
'uid=admin,ou=system' -w secret -a -f ing2.ldif
adding new entry "ou=users,dc=ing,dc=science"
ldap_add: No such object (32)
additional info: NO_SUCH_OBJECT: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST
Message ID : 2
    Add Request :
Entry
    dn[n]: ou=users,dc=ing,dc=science
    objectClass: organizationalUnit
    objectClass: top
    ou: users
: ERR_268 Cannot find a partition for ou=users,dc=ing,dc=science

I have performed an exhaustive search for help with this error online.  I
can't find the help that I need.

I have looked at the log4j logs and the wrapper logs, but they contain no
useful information.

I wonder if I am doing something wrong, or if there is something wrong with
ApacheDS 2.0.0-M24.  (BTW I had the same problem with M23.)

Any guidance is appreciated.