directory-users mailing list archives

From Sean Kelly <ke...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question about user password and md5
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2017 16:30:10 GMT
Hi Pablo:

You need to base-64 encode the string "{MD5}HASHED-PASSWORD" where
HASHED-PASSWORD is the base-64 encoding of the binary MD5 hashed
version. For example, in Python:

     import hashlib, base64
     password = 'secret-passw0rd'
     md5 = hashlib.md5()
     md5.update(password)
     s = '{MD5}' + base64.b64encode(md5.digest())
     print base64.b64encode(s)

prints:

     e01ENX1JNE9IbEhwdmZMMVlmeWx1L1A5dFh3PT0=

which you can then put in the "userPassword::" entry in your LDIF file.

Take care,
Sean.