directory-users mailing list archives

From Fuentes Bodión, Pablo <pablo.fuen...@Transfesa.com>
Subject question about user password and md5
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2017 15:52:22 GMT
Hi,

We are trying to generate ldif files to load some user data and password.

If I take the ldif generated from apache directory server M23 it works fine and I can import
and test the password, for example:

dn: uid=userExample3,ou=users,ou=applications,dc=transfesa,dc=com
objectClass: top
objectClass: inetOrgPerson
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
cn: test AMOB user 3
sn: Admin
employeeType: freighture_user
mail: userExample3@test.com
uid: userExample3
userPassword:: e01ENX1OSUdkZSs2cnVTWUtYSVZMeUZzK1JBPT0=

the password is: mypassword and it works fine in Apache Directory Studio.

from e01ENX1OSUdkZSs2cnVTWUtYSVZMeUZzK1JBPT0= I can decode to {MD5}NIGde+6ruSYKXIVLyFs+RA==

now trying to do in reverse order, so I can generate MD5 +  encode that can be used in ldif.

Using some public tools I can generate hexadecimal form password, for example:
http://7thspace.com/webmaster_tools/online_md5_encoder.html
Mypassword --> 34819d7beeabb9260a5c854bc85b3e44

But How I can generate an ldif password that can be used in export ...   using online tools
the format is hexadecimal and importing this in apache ldif does not work / password not accepted.

Please can you let me know how to generate a password that can be placed in ldif so user can
authenticate with this password.
How I can change from 34819d7beeabb9260a5c854bc85b3e44 ( hexadecimal ??) to {MD5}NIGde+6ruSYKXIVLyFs+RA==

Any ideas welcome!

Thanks in advance, Pablo.

Pablo Fuentes
Middleware Administrator
Infrastructure-DSI

[cid:image001.jpg@01CAAF06.14635840]
Calle Musgo 1  (Urb. La Florida)
28023 - Madrid - ESPAÑA

Teléfono: (+34)  913.879.900 (Centralita)
Ext 1262
email:       pablo.fuentes@transfesa.com<mailto:pablo.fuentes@transfesa.com>