directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: How to change font & icon size of the UI?
Date Sat, 29 Jul 2017 08:29:22 GMT
Hi Claus,

On 07/28/2017 11:21 PM, Claus-Justus Heine wrote:
> nice program the Apache Directory Studio. However, I was not able to
> find any means to enlarge the fonts and icons.
>
> How can this be done?
>
> I'm using the stand-alone version for Linux from here:
>
> http://directory.apache.org/studio/download/download-linux.html

In Studio itself there aren't any settings available to change the font
size. But you have the following options:

* Change the font size or better DPI settings of your operating system
and window manager. It depends on which Linux distribution on window
manager you use. For XFCE it's in Settings->Appearence->Fonts, if I
change DPI from 96 to 144 almost all fonts in Studio get larger.

* As Studio is based on Eclispe you can also first install Eclipse and
then within Eclipse install the Studio plugins from the update site.
Within a regular Eclipse you can set font sizes in
Windows->Preferences->Appearence->Color and Fonts.

We can include that Eclipse Appearence->Color and Fonts menu in Studio,
however I think that dialog is not very user friendly.

Regarding icon size, they don't scale because we only created 16x16 icons :(

Let me know if you need further help.

Kind Regards,
Stefan