directory-users mailing list archives

From "Brian Brooks (US)" <Brian.Bro...@datapath.com>
Subject RE: How to implement a custom Interceptor
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2017 18:33:39 GMT
Hi Ken,

> But in I can not find the server.xml file addressed in the document
> [http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/advanced-ug/6-implementing-interceptor.html]
> Can anybody tell me where the file is?

I've only been using ApacheDS about a month so I'm no expert.  However, like you I've noticed
 lots of references to server.xml in the ApacheDS documentation.  I think what has happened
is
 server.xml existed in versions of ApacheDS prior to 2.x e.g. 1.5.x and earlier.  T
he file server.xml no longer exists.

Here's Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot and Emmanual Lecharny answering
the same question back in 2012(!):
http://markmail.org/thread/hjl7ls2xecoxkcmm

> In 2.0 milestone versions the 'server.xml' file has been replaced by a
> 'config.ldif' located in the 'conf' directory.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Pierre-Arnaud
>
>> Le 20 juil. 2012 à 23:14, Said Bilgen <said...@gmail.com> a écrit :
>>
>> I have installed product and trying to investigate but couldnt find where
>> is server.xml. I have one but empty not like the guides explained.

Since ApacheDS 2.x, Apache Directory Studio's Configuration plugin
 replaces editing server.xml:

Apache Directory Studio->LDAP Perspective->Connections view
    ->Right-Click a connection->Open configuration right-click menu entry.

On the specific question of an interceptor, I'm guessing that you
may have to manually create an LDIF file to add an interceptor under...
ou=interceptors,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
In the Apache Directory Studio->LDAP Browser view I see
 lots of interceptors under that context.

Brian Brooks
Sr Software Engineer
brian.brooks@datapath.com
Office: +1 678 252 4498