directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Düring <duer...@zib.de>
Subject Re: [Studio] Subsequent input of connection password
Date Fri, 05 May 2017 06:15:07 GMT
Thanks Emmanuel, I installed the snapshot and the first try was like
expected:

I just have to enter the master password and don't have to
re-authenticate with an user password again.

Stefan

Am 04.05.2017 um 18:04 schrieb Emmanuel Lécharny:

> Le 04/05/2017 à 16:20, Black, Douglas a écrit :
>> I use Directory Studio to authenticate to an eDirectory (v8.8) tree and an Active
Directory (2008R2) domain forest.

>> 1. I create a new LDAP connection, providing my user name and password.  I check
the 'save password' box.
>> 2. Under Window > Preferences > Apache Directory Studio > Connections >
Passwords Keystore, I click "Store connection passwords" and provide a master password (different
from my authentication passwords) when prompted.

>> With the previous version of Directory Studio, I had to provide the keystore password
the first time I tried to open an LDAP connection, but after that I was never prompted again.
 With this version, even though I am using the password keystore, I am prompted to re-authenticate,
as I said, every few minutes.  This happens both with eDirectory and Active Directory.