directory-users mailing list archives

From "Black, Douglas" <Doug.Bl...@osumc.edu>
Subject RE: [Studio] Subsequent input of connection password
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 12:45:52 GMT
I have the same issue, and it only started happening when I switched to the latest release
of Apache Directory Studio.  When I was on version 2.0.0.v20150606-M9, I was able to enter
the master password once and it never asked for additional authentication after that.  Now
it requires me to re-authenticate literally every few minutes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Emmanuel Lécharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, May 4, 2017 04:53
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Studio] Subsequent input of connection password

Le 04/05/2017 à 09:59, Stefan Düring a écrit :
> I'm using Apache Directory Studio Version: 2.0.0.v20161101-M12 in
> Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
> I changed language to german.
>
> I save connection password in a keystore with master password.
> In a connection I select "Simple authentication" and "Save password".
>
> Now when I open a connection to a LDAP server I have to enter first
> the master password and then the password to access the LDAP.
>
> I expected to be authenticated until I close the connection or the
> Studio, but from time to time I have to enter the connection password
> again when I change to another object in LDAP tree or to a search.
>
> Is there a "session timeout" or another setting to remember the
> authentication until the session ends ?

I would say it depends on your server configuration. If you keep the connection open for a
very long time, it's likely that the socket get automatically closed by the underlying OS.

Otherwise, there is no such thing as a connection timeout, beside the timeout we have when
a request is sent and the client is waiting for a response - but this timeout does not close
the connection, t just aborts the operation -.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org