directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Subsequent input of connection password
Date Thu, 04 May 2017 14:49:09 GMT

Le 04/05/2017 à 16:20, Black, Douglas a écrit :
> I use Directory Studio to authenticate to an eDirectory (v8.8) tree and an Active Directory
(2008R2) domain forest.

> 1. I create a new LDAP connection, providing my user name and password.  I check the
'save password' box.
> 2. Under Window > Preferences > Apache Directory Studio > Connections > Passwords
Keystore, I click "Store connection passwords" and provide a master password (different from
my authentication passwords) when prompted.

> With the previous version of Directory Studio, I had to provide the keystore password
the first time I tried to open an LDAP connection, but after that I was never prompted again.
 With this version, even though I am using the password keystore, I am prompted to re-authenticate,
as I said, every few minutes.  This happens both with eDirectory and Active Directory.

Ok, now I get it.

The latest version added a feature, allowing users to store the
connection passwords in a keystore in order to avoid having those
passwords stored in the XML file containing the connectioninformation in
clear text.

I have configured Studio so that it uses this feature. Give me a bit of
time to see if it asks me for the keystore password.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org