directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M23 non-gui adding a partition
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 15:08:46 GMT

Le 02/02/2017 à 15:44, Louis-Gabriel Thibault a écrit :
> Hello Brian,
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 4:04 AM, Brian Burch <brian@pingtoo.com> wrote:
>
>> As I was using a development server, I decided to purge M23 and start
>> again. Before I started the new server for the first time, I edited
>> config.ldif and changed all the references for "example" to suit my own
>> partition. When I ran my first admin ldapsearch, the server created my
>> empty partition (and not the example one). I subsequently had no difficulty
>> running my first few 1.5.4 customisation scripts.
>>
>> Did I use the most suitable technique to create my partition under M23? Is
>> the best technique already documented somewhere, because I couldn't find it
>> in my searches? Should the best procedure be documented in the "adding
>> partition" page of the wiki? Can I do it, or must it be done by someone
>> with special access privileges?
>>
> We also deploy apacheds 2 M23 on ubuntu (14 and 16).  We use the same trick
> to create our own partition.
>
> We did encounter an issue when the OS sends SIGKILL to apacheds; the jdbm
> database becomes corrupted and makes apacheds unable to start again. That
> is very unfortunate.

That is going to be fixed (don't have a date yet). And I wonder why a
SIGKILL is sent instead of a SIGTERM...

> Under ubuntu 14 we update-rc and add apacheds to system services. We had to
> add apacheds' pid to /run/sendsigs.omit.d and make the system wait on
> apacheds stop sequence. Otherwise after 10 seconds sendsigs SIGKILLs
> everything.

Thanks for the info. As soon a Mavibot will be feature complete, and
replace JDBM, ApacheDS will not anymore be subject to Database corruption.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org