directory-users mailing list archives

From Somak Dalui <somak_da...@persistent.com>
Subject ApacheDS 2.0.0 not starting with java.lang.VerifyError
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2017 05:31:49 GMT
I have installed ApacheDS 2.0.0 on Linux in /opt/misc/apacheds.
I am trying to start the server using - '/etc/init.d/apacheds-2.0.0-M20-default start'.

The log file [/var/lib/apacheds-2.0.0-M20/default/log/wrapper.log] shows the below error -

java.lang.VerifyError: Bad type on operand stack
Exception Details:
Location:
org/apache/directory/server/config/builder/ServiceBuilder.createJdbmPartition(Lorg/apache/directory/server/core/api/DirectoryService;Lorg/apache/directory/server/config/beans/JdbmPartitionBean;)Lorg/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl/btree/jdbm/JdbmPartition;
@181: invokestatic
Reason:
Type 'org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl/btree/jdbm/JdbmPartition' (current frame,
stack[1]) is not assignable to 'org/apache/directory/server/core/api/partition/AbstractPartition'
Current Frame:
bci: @181
flags: { }
locals: { 'org/apache/directory/server/core/api/DirectoryService', 'org/apache/directory/server/config/beans/JdbmPartitionBean',
'org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl/btree/jdbm/JdbmPartition', 'java/io/File'
}
stack: { 'org/apache/directory/server/config/beans/JdbmPartitionBean', 'org/apache/directory/server/core/partition/impl/btree/jdbm/JdbmPartition'
}

Is this a Java incompatability issue ? I am using Java 1.7.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions.
Thank you.

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.