directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS 2.0.0-M23 non-gui adding a partition
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2017 15:50:50 GMT

Le 02/02/2017 à 16:17, Louis-Gabriel Thibault a écrit :
> Hello Emmanuel,
>
> On Thu, Feb 2, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> That is going to be fixed (don't have a date yet). And I wonder why a
>> SIGKILL is sent instead of a SIGTERM...
>>
> Under ubuntu 14 the culprit is  /etc/init.d/sendsigs. It sends SIGTERM,
> waits 10 seconds, then SIGKILL.
>
>>> Under ubuntu 14 we update-rc and add apacheds to system services. We had
>>> add apacheds' pid to /run/sendsigs.omit.d and make the system wait on
>>> apacheds stop sequence. Otherwise after 10 seconds sendsigs SIGKILLs
>>> everything.
>> Thanks for the info. As soon a Mavibot will be feature complete, and
>> replace JDBM, ApacheDS will not anymore be subject to Database corruption.
>
> I was wondering how much effort would be required to support mysql as a
> backend.
A lot. And it would kill the performances.

We had someone working on implementing an Oracle backend once upon a
time (see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRSERVER-1345), but
this was 7 years ago.

Upgrading that work to be based on MySql is definitively possible. The
thing is that using a relational database to store LDAP data is just
painful.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com