directory-users mailing list archives

From "Lohr, Donald" <loh...@jmu.edu>
Subject Re: Export to a stand-alone OpenLDAP server - operational attributes
Date Thu, 27 Oct 2016 00:16:43 GMT
I can not speak to OpenLDAP, but if it is like others, you can not add
operational attributes through a conventional ldapadd / ldapmodify
operation.  Some LDAP products have a bulk load process that is done
with the directory service module stopped, that allows you to add
certain operational attributes.  But be aware that if you a moving from
one vendors product to another, you may have to use some form of
scripting to reformat the time based attributes.