directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Studio] Apache Directory Studio can't discover base dn for old Sun DS server [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]
Date Fri, 19 Aug 2016 05:15:21 GMT
Le 19/08/16 à 05:04, Joel Pearson a écrit :
> I'm using Apache Directory Studio (2.0.0.v20151221-M10) as an ldap browser, and a few
years back Apache Directory Studio stopped being able to discover the Base DN of a particular
(old) Sun Directory Server we have.

> I found this question (http://superuser.com/questions/740877/how-do-i-query-the-available-base-dns-in-an-openldap-server)
that helped discover the base DN on the command line.

> This ldapsearch command shows the base DN:
>
>     # ldapsearch -H ldap://servername-sds:389 -x -D "uid=admin,dc=company,dc=org,dc=au"
-b "" -w password -s base \* +| grep namingContexts

> But according to the search logs tab of Apache Directory Studio, it uses this command
to discover the base DN:

>     #!SEARCH REQUEST (119) OK
>     #!CONNECTION ldap://servername-sds:389
>     #!DATE 2016-08-19T02:38:59.301
>     # LDAP URL     : ldap://servername-sds:389/?namingContexts,subschemaSubentry,supportedLDAPVersion,supportedSASLMechanisms,supportedExtension,supportedControl,supportedFeatures,vendorName,vendorVersion,+,objectClass??(objectClass=*)
>     # command line : ldapsearch -H ldap://servername-sds:389 -x -D "uid=admin,dc=company,dc=org,dc=au"
-W -b "" -s base "(objectClass=*)" "namingContexts" "subschemaSubentry" "supportedLDAPVersion"
"supportedSASLMechanisms" "supportedExtension" "supportedControl" "supportedFeatures" "vendorName"
"vendorVersion" "+" "objectClass"
>     # baseObject   :
>     # scope        : baseObject (0)
>     # derefAliases : neverDerefAliases (0)
>     # sizeLimit    : 0
>     # timeLimit    : 0
>     # typesOnly    : False
>     # filter       : (objectClass=*)
>     # attributes   : namingContexts subschemaSubentry supportedLDAPVersion supportedSASLMechanisms
supportedExtension supportedControl supportedFeatures vendorName vendorVersion + objectClass

>     #!SEARCH RESULT DONE (119) OK
>     #!CONNECTION ldap://servername-sds:389
>     #!DATE 2016-08-19T02:38:59.304
>     # numEntries : 1
>
> Which when run on the command line does return the namingContexts, but for some reason,
Apache Directory Studio doesn't show the base DN, which is super weird.

Indeed...

Do you mind posting the result you get ?