directory-users mailing list archives

From Hakan Çelik <celik...@gmail.com>
Subject ApacheDS 64-bit Heap Limit
Date Mon, 01 Aug 2016 08:20:47 GMT
Hi team,

We're testing ApacheDS for storing our ~500k customer base.

We couldn't go beyond 4GB heap size for ApacheDS (version 2.0 M21). 4GB was
not enough for our data, frequent GCs were scaring us for a possible memory
related shutdown. Btw backend became corrupted one time because of a
permgen space issue. We had to start from scratch :(  So an unexpected
shutdown can be really really messy.

Anyway, i've checked Tanuki wrapper release notes, i saw they've removed
4GB limit as of 3.3.0 version. (
https://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com/doc/english/release-notes.html#3.3.0)

As a solution i've upgraded my ApacheDS instance's *lib/libwrapper.so*,
*lib/wrapper.jar*, *bin/wrapper* to the latest (3.5.29 - community),
removed old wrapper jar, kept wrapper configs as is.. It looks like working
fine now.

Please feel free to give any feedbacks/warnings about this. And kindly, you
may consider updating this dependency version to latest for future releases.

Regards,
Hakan