directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Apache Directory LDAP API support & documentation
Date Sun, 15 May 2016 18:49:19 GMT
Le 15/05/16 à 14:41, ywiesner@bgu.ac.il a écrit :
> Hey,
>
> We want to use your library in our project, but in your website it seems that there are
no new versions from the last half a year

The latest version has been released on December, 2015, and we just
talking about releasing a 1.0.0 final this week.

> and the documentation is very partially and deprecated.
True dat.

> 1.       Is there any plan to keep developing this package?
Look at the commits
(http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/directory-commits/). Since the
last release, we have had 110 commits on the API code base.

> Does it have any support?

Depends on what you call support. You can post question on the mailing
list, or contact some company that offer commercial support
(http://directory.apache.org/commercial-support.html), or contact
developpers on the mailing list : some of us are freelancer and woul
probably be pleased to provide some consulting.

> 2.       Is there more complete and updated documentation?
We are working on it, when we have time. There are plentiful of unit
tests using the code base, which is actually the best source to see how
to use it.