directory-users mailing list archives

From Hal Deadman <hal.dead...@gmail.com>
Subject uid=admin,ou=system password expired
Date Tue, 03 May 2016 16:50:21 GMT
I have a replicated directory in my dev lab where the admin  user has an
expired password on one of the two servers. Since I can't login as admin,
how might I go about resetting the password on that user short of
re-creating the instance?

I assume that going forward I should have a user specific policy for the
admin user that doesn't have password expiration turned on. The
documentation I saw implies that this is done by:

"we can define a specific *Password Policy* for a user. In this case, we
will store in each user the reference to the *Password Policy* to use into
the *pwdPolicySubentry* attribute (it contains a reference -a *DN* - to an
entry storing the specific configuration)."

Is that accurate?

Thanks, Hal