directory-users mailing list archives

From Peter Jamieson <Peter.Jamie...@convergys.com>
Subject acl in apacheDS
Date Fri, 18 Mar 2016 08:23:09 GMT
Hi,

I googled for ACLs in apacheds and got this link: -

https://directory.apache.org/api/user-guide/5.1-aci-and-acls.html

I was very excited until I saw the content :)

Is there a way I can prevent modifications to the directory from all servers except the local
one (or a named address)?

I am using the directory for user management and don't want insecure servers to be able to
create users (although they should still be allowed to authenticate and use the password change
service)

thanks

Peter Jamieson
Consultant Software Engineer
Customer Experience Management Solutions
50 Park Road | Gatley, Cheshire, SK8 4HZ
O  +44 (0)161 495 1186
E  peter.jamieson@convergys.com<mailto:peter.jamieson@convergys.com>
W www.ConvergysTechnologies.com<http://www.ConvergysTechnologies.com>
[cid:image006.png@01D0B261.A0FA1460]<http://www.convergys.com/>
[cid:image007.png@01D0B261.A0FA1460]<https://www.facebook.com/pages/Convergys/179559970785>[cid:image008.png@01D0B261.A0FA1460]<https://twitter.com/convergys>
[cid:image009.png@01D0B261.A0FA1460] <http://www.linkedin.com/company/convergys>

NOTICE: The information contained in this electronic mail transmission is intended by Convergys
Corporation for the use of the named individual or entity to which it is directed and may
contain information that is privileged or otherwise confidential. If you have received this
electronic mail transmission in error, please delete it from your system without copying or
forwarding it, and notify the sender of the error by reply email or by telephone (collect),
so that the sender's address records can be corrected.