directory-users mailing list archives

From brock samson <brock.sams...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: command line commands
Date Fri, 04 Mar 2016 17:25:52 GMT
actually i am running in windows. and i obviously cannot run those commands directly from command
line without referencing their definition from some location. do they perhaps reside within
the apacheds-service-2.0.0-m17.jar?

From: Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com>
Sent: Friday, March 4, 2016 3:37 AM
To: users@directory.apache.org
Subject: Re: command line commands

Le 03/03/16 23:39, brock samson a écrit :
> i am running apacheds 2-m17, and i am trying to run command line commands such as ldapdelete,
ldapadd, etc. how do i go about making those command run properly from my command line? do
i need to set something into the PATH variable, or reference some directory where file(s)
representing those command actually reside? thanks.

I don't know which system you are riunning on. Assuming it's a unix box,
you will get some info on
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LDAP-HOWTO/utilities.html, but there are many
other places you can find some instructions.