directory-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Keith <timothy.g.ke...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connection refused on Windows 7
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2016 21:27:58 GMT
On Tue, Feb 16, 2016 at 11:27 AM, Emmanuel Lécharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 16/02/16 17:30, Timothy Keith a écrit :
>> The Apache Directory Studio and the server are on the same Windows 7 computer.
>> The only recent changes were the log4.properties file - attempting to
>> use DEBUG settings
>
> Check that you are connecting on the right port with the correct DN and
> password.

Thanks, the ports were incorrect.   I changed the ports with this LDIF
via Studio but when I restarted the sever it couldn't connect. So,  I
reset them back to 10389 and 10636.  Why didn't the AS server read the
configuration change made through DS Studio ?

# change the default port
dn: ads-transportId=ldap,ou=transports,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
changetype: modify
replace: ads-systemport
ads-systemport: 389

# change the default secure port
dn: ads-transportId=ldaps,ou=transports,ads-serverId=ldapServer,ou=servers,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
changetype: modify
replace: ads-systemport: 10636
ads-systemport: 636

Tim