directory-users mailing list archives

From Jim Willeke <...@willeke.com>
Subject Re: Get the count of matching results for a search
Date Fri, 26 Feb 2016 10:34:25 GMT
numberSuborinates is not (at least what I have seen) used to show the
number of results, but rather the count of entries within a container entry.

Often organizations need to know how many entries are present within a
directory or container for audit purposes of security, legal, billing or
other purposes.

When you have 1,000 or even perhaps 100,000 this is a minor item as you can
just do a search.
When you have 25 million not so minor

--
-jim