directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Transactions on Apache Mavibot
Date Thu, 11 Feb 2016 11:18:19 GMT
Le 10/02/16 15:51, Roman Pastore a écrit :
> Firstable thank you for the quick response, I'm happy to hear that feature
> is on the table. As for the participation proposal, I really would like to
> help but the truth is that I'm still a junior developer and I feel like I
> still have a lot to learn, in fact it was a bit difficult for me to keep up
> with the code already written in this project, so I feel that most of the
> time I would be in the way instead of actually helping you guys.
You never know ;-) Everybody has been a junior at some point... Some of
the committer have actually started being total juniors on this project,
and they have learned a lot in the process :-)

> However,
> for the time being I will try to implement the feature on my own for the
> sake of learning and if I arrive to something decent (and by that time
> nothing is implemented on that matter) maybe I could share it with you for
> a code review if you don't mind.
I tend to disagree : this is probably teh worst possible process :-) Let
me explain :
- first, you will be totally on your own. You are likely to make
mistakes, or choices that aren't going to be shared with the other
committers
- second, those who can give you some explaination can only do that on
some code they can see
- third, communicating