directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to index atttibute
Date Thu, 31 Dec 2015 04:32:22 GMT
On Thu, Dec 31, 2015 at 3:16 AM, Rachid BOUKHARI <rachid.boukhari@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've got ApacheDS running in its standard configuration. For some
> application purpose a search on certain attribute is needed but it starts
> taking too much time. How can I index this attribute.

the easiest way is to connect to the server using Studio and click "open
configuration" after
right clicking on the connection and then go to "Partitions" tab then
select the required partition
then add the required attribute under "Indexed Attributes", finally save
the configuration and
restart the server.
Server startup may take some time depending on the number of entries
present.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com