directory-users mailing list archives

From "M. P." <kisscoolandthegangb...@hotmail.fr>
Subject [ApacheDS] Bind with hashed password
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 11:09:09 GMT
Hi all,

I'm working for a new company for some months now and I have as a
project to renew our directory server. The company uses ApacheDS 1.5.7
and I have a question about it's behaviour.

We can bind to this apacheDS server providing plain passwords and also
providing full userPassword fields when password are encrypted in the
directory. I mean providing {enc_mecanism}hashed_password as a password.

This behaviour is very strange for me and in my point of view is a big
security issue. What I want to know is how is it possible that you can
bind providing hashed password ?

I ask because some apps here rely on this behaviour/issue and I want to
know how I can reproduce it for compatibility reasons ? (that will be
discarded later)

Thanks for your explanations.

--

M. P.