directory-users mailing list archives

From Hal Deadman <hal.dead...@gmail.com>
Subject logs for ApacheDS in directory studio
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2015 20:34:21 GMT
I have been working with an embedded server in Apache Directory Studio and
I can't find where errors are being logged. The apacheds.log in

~\.ApacheDirectoryStudio\.metadata\.plugins\org.apache.directory.studio.ldapservers\servers\18bece68-7767-419d-ae17-1e97a7544984\log

is empty.

Is there a way to configure logging so that I can see why the server
doesn't start? I can re-create the server and re-import the configuration
fairly easily but it would be nice if I could figure out why the server
isn't starting.

On another topic, when I made my partition use Mavibot and did an LDIF
import of about 1000 users (and some groups), it was slow to the point of
being unusable. I have since switched to JDBM. Is that a known issue or
should I be able to import 1000 users reasonably quickly? I don't think I
ever got an entire import to work before I switched (had to resolve some
errors) but it was an order of magnitude slower in Mavibot.

Thanks, Hal