directory-users mailing list archives

From Emanuele Forlano <EForl...@gsma.com>
Subject Replication not working ApacheDS M19
Date Thu, 01 Oct 2015 14:16:25 GMT
Hi
we have some problems with SyncRepl. Following Apache documentation we set up two instances
of embedded ApacheDs M19.
In the provider we have:

val replRequestHandler = new SyncReplRequestHandler()
server.setReplicationReqHandler(replRequestHandler)

in the consumer:

val replicationConf = new SyncReplConfiguration
replicationConf.setRemoteHost("localhost")
replicationConf.setRemotePort(1389)
replicationConf.setUseTls(false)
replicationConf.setReplUserDn("uid=admin,ou=system")
replicationConf.setReplUserPassword("secret".getBytes)
replicationConf.setBaseDn(“o=myDn”) //replaced
replicationConf.setFilter("(objectClass=*)")
replicationConf.setRefreshInterval(60000)
replicationConf.setRefreshNPersist(true)
replicationConf.setAliasDerefMode(AliasDerefMode.NEVER_DEREF_ALIASES)

val consumer: ReplicationConsumer = new ReplicationConsumerImpl()
consumer.setConfig(replicationConf)

server.setReplConsumers(ApacheDSUtils.buildConsumers(consumer))

When we run both the server we get this error:

org.apache.directory.api.ldap.model.exception.LdapException: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.apache.directory.server.core.shared.DefaultCoreSession.search(DefaultCoreSession.java:1157)
~[apacheds-all-2.0.0-M19.jar:2.0.0-M19]
at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.doSimpleSearch(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:648)
~[apacheds-all-2.0.0-M19.jar:2.0.0-M19]
at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.doInitialRefresh(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:562)
~[apacheds-all-2.0.0-M19.jar:2.0.0-M19]
at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.handleSyncRequest(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:311)
~[apacheds-all-2.0.0-M19.jar:2.0.0-M19]
at org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.request.SearchRequestHandler.handleReplication(SearchRequestHandler.java:240)
[apacheds-all-2.0.0-M19.jar:2.0.0-M19]

Note: when I use a more specific filter for example: cn=someCn it works fine.

Any idea?

Thanks

Emanuele Forlano | Senior Developer | GSMA Intelligence<https://gsmaintelligence.com/>
eforlano@gsma.com<mailto:wcroft@gsma.com>
+44 7738 622208
+39 320 79 55 486

This email and its attachments are intended for the above named only and may be confidential.
If they have come to you in error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy
or show them to anyone; please reply to this email or call +44 207 356 0600 and highlight
the error.