directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] is it safe to use apacheDS M20 with Mavibot?
Date Fri, 02 Oct 2015 05:57:46 GMT
Le 02/10/15 02:28, John Peter a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> thanks Pierre, Kiran and Emmanuel for your responses and  information on
> this topic.
>
> "when a write occurs, no read can be done"
> Emmanuel are you saying that if Mavibot is used then a read operation would
> fail if a write is currently in progress?

No, it will be blocked waiing for the write to be completed.

> With JDBM and apacheDS M19 we have seen situations where a read doesn't
> return an entry and then when that entry is attempted to be added we get an
> error.
Because there is a pb in JDBM which sometime corrupt the daabase when
conncurrent updates are done. We don't kow why, we have tried to
workaround the issue, without success.

Don't get me wrong : there is no reason a write should ever blcok a
read, and the database corruption should never occur. The thing is that
we are going to get this fixed with Mavibot, once the cross-btree
transaction will be implemented (and a side benefit is that mavibot will
be faster than jdbm)

> Also we have seen situations where a read doesn't find an entry and a user
> can't login due to that. After some time it starts working again (not quite
> sure is this a client or server side issue though).
Most certainly a server issue.