directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject ApacheDS with Mavibot anytime soon?
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2015 19:41:47 GMT
Hi,

We have one customer that wants to get replication implemented. We've set it up in house and
it seems to work well.
The trouble is there are 10's of thousands of users and all sorts of concurrent activity.
They're on M16 and a few times per month, we get the 'ERR_554 double get for block' and then
we need to restore.
We have an automated way of doing this now so it's not too disruptive when it happens.

My question is, would adding replication just add more concurrent activity to the servers
and lead more frequently to the ERR_554 situation?

Also he's asked to upgrade to M20 but my hunch is that for this issue it won't matter much
because we're still on JDBM?

Finally, we're eager to test out a release with the Mavibot backed. I'm sure it's possible
to build ourselves but we're trying to keep the moving parts to a minimum
and use only ApacheDS releases.

Thanks for all your excellent work
Carlo