directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Get all attributes
Date Thu, 24 Sep 2015 13:58:25 GMT
Le 24/09/15 15:19, Syed Mudassir Ahmed a écrit :
> This solution applies to Windows active directory. For each value of objectClass (top,
person, etc) there is an object in cn=schema,cn=configuration,dc=... . Each of these objects
tells required and optional attributes. For the given entry, get all the values of its objectClass
and query those objects for attributes.
yes, but this is not the solution to the very question you asked. Here,
what you are doing is that you fetch the schema, and then you deduce the
optional AttributeTypes a specific entry can have by checking for its
ObjectClasses.

Your question was "When I do search or lookup operation, I am getting
only 'n' attributes listed. I need the reamining (m-n) attributes as
well." and the short answer is : you can't. It's a two step operation,
actually...

Now, yes, fecthing the schema is the way to go, and you have to store
the information locally. The LDAP API can do that, so you won't need to
specifically request for the information every tilme you fecth an entry.
(although for AD, this is a bt more complex than just fetching teh
schema, just because AD is not implementng LDAP the way it should ;-)