directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Enable TLSv1 in ApacheDS lead to Timeout Error
Date Sun, 09 Aug 2015 10:06:23 GMT
On Sun, Aug 9, 2015 at 4:48 PM, jeffty <wantwatering@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>

> I’ve enabled TLSv1 in ApacheDS, after restart the service I got a timeout
> error and fail to login again.
>
> In Apache Directory Studio network Parameter, encryption method is Use SSL
> encryption(ldaps://) and

two things:
1. ldaps:// only works when the "Enable LDAPS Server" option is checked in
the config editor
2. you can still connect securely without enabling the above option by
using "Use StartTLS Extension"
    option for the "Encryption method" on "Network Parameter" tab in Studio.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com