directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Password policy configuration
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2015 03:26:12 GMT
On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 5:03 AM, Sergio Aiello <sdaiello@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> We're using ApacheDS in three projects. I need help configuring password
> policy to lock the account after 3 failed binds.
> Information on the web is not enough for me.
> Could you please give me the steps to do that from Apache Studio?.

open configuration and
1. go to "Password Policies" tab
2. click "Enable Lockout" checkbox
3. enter 3 in the text field next to the label "Maximum Consecutive
Failures (count)"

if you do not want to lock the accounts permanently then set the value in
the text box
next to the label "Locout Duration (seconds)" to anything greater than zero.

Restart the server if its version is less than 2.0.0-M20

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com