directory-users mailing list archives

From Pontus Freyhult <pontus_apache...@soua.net>
Subject Re: ApacheDS Multi Master config issues
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2015 06:41:36 GMT
  Hej,

>>> 2. Do both instances need to start with the same data? Can node1 contain
>>> imported LDIF and will Node 1 eventual synchronize to node 2?
>>>
>>yes, they eventually synchronize
>
> Okay, I think I know what is happening. The node with the LDIF loaded in it
> is logging the following error:
>
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2015/06/12 14:50:35 | Exception in thread
> "pool-7-thread-1" java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2015/06/12 14:50:35 |     at
> java.nio.HeapByteBuffer.<init>(HeapByteBuffer.java:57)
> INFO   | jvm 1    | 2015/06/12 14:50:35 |     at
> java.nio.ByteBuffer.allocate(ByteBuffer.java:335)
>
> This is even after making these config changes:
>
> # Initial Java Heap Size (in MB)
> wrapper.java.initmemory=2048
>
> # Maximum Java Heap Size (in MB)
> wrapper.java.maxmemory=2048
>

> Any ideas?
[..]

I believe we are seeing the same issue. I've done some troubleshooting
but not enough that I wanted to raise it just yet, but from what we've
been seeing my guess is that we're hitting on some kind of leak when
doing replication (that we're not seeing otherwise). Raising the
memory available for the java environment only delays the "lockup" of
the first server, it does not avoid it - I believe we've tested with
giving it up to at least 16 Gbytes of RAM.

(On a side note; we've also seen issues with wrapper not always
passing specified arguments along, so you do need to verify that the
java process for the ApacheDS actually is actually passed the
arguments you want.)

cheers, Pontus