directory-users mailing list archives

From Ezsra McDonald <ezsra.mcdon...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ApacheDS Import via CLI
Date Sat, 13 Jun 2015 21:16:22 GMT
Having the server down for the initial import is not a problem.

I am able to load 650 - 700 entries a minute. With almost 340k entries to
import this will take too long. My estimate is approximate 8.5 hours.

I tried breaking the import into four files and executing four ldapadds
simultaneously but that does not improve the load rate. I really did not
expect the import would be faster but I am desperate to get the migration
done in less than three hours.

This is just informational. I really don't expect there are any solutions
to meet my desired 3 hour window.

Thanks for the assistance. I will inform my team of my findings.