directory-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Ayyagari <kayyag...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Large replica files in /tmp
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 15:31:35 GMT
On Tue, Jun 16, 2015 at 11:16 PM, Ezsra McDonald <ezsra.mcdonald@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't think it is a bug.
>

> These files were generated during the very large import via ldapadd. The
> replica files filled the /tmp file system which I believe snowballed into
> other issues so the replication may not have completed. I was hoping I
> could configure ADS to use a different location for the replica files. I am
> also working with our system guys to have the tmp file system increased.

the files with extension ".sorted-data" are created while searching with a
sort control
and these files will be deleted when the associated cursor gets closed.

And something is not right and these files are still hanging around, was
the server
stopped using ctrl+c ? or are you running server on windows?

> On the note of replication completing. What is the best way to tell the
> status of replication on ADS? Even getting a count of entries in the
> database would be helpful.

the best way is to compare the contentEntryCsn on the base entry of each
partition
I planned to write a CLI to do this, but it still remained in the TODO list.

--
Kiran Ayyagari
http://keydap.com