directory-users mailing list archives

From Michael Brandeis <mich...@ginkgo-llc.com>
Subject Instructions for getting Kerberos to work
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 21:54:34 GMT
anyone have a recent guide on setting up apacheds kerberos? I've tried
following the instructions on the website and couldn't get it to generate
the krb5Key. then found some other instructions with more steps and got the
keys to generate but not validate on the client. more searches and
instructions and i got it to authenticate but am now getting "kinit: server
not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials". not
having any luck on resolving this. although, it seems to me when i used
kerberos years ago that you had to add the clients to the server initially,
and that is not in the apacheds instructions. not sure if it is a
configuration problem on my end, or a missing step.

--
*Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in and transmitted with
this communication is strictly confidential, is intended only for the use