directory-users mailing list archives

From brock samson <brock.sams...@hotmail.com>
Subject config partition as JdbmPartition
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 21:24:04 GMT
i am running apacheds2-M19 as embedded with some custom interceptors. up to this point, i have
been using SingleFileLdifPartition to load my config.ldif file. since it loads the config.ldif
before DefaultDirectoryService.start(), i am also able to manually set the interceptors via
DefaultDirectoryService.setInterceptors() before the start as well. what i do not like about
it is that it requires the config.ldif file to be on the disk in clear text, which is a security
risk in my opinion. what i would like is for the config partition to look like all other partitions
(i.e. system partition), which is a collection of .db and .lg files. i am able to accomplish
that by using JdbmPartition class, but i cannot successfully load the config.ldif file via
new LdifFileLoader(DefaultDirectoryService.getAdminSession(), config.ldif, null).execute()
until after DefaultDirectoryService.start(), which makes it too late to set interceptors.
is there a way to have config partition as JdbmPartition AND load its config.ldif before starting
the service? or is there a another way to not have config.ldif on the disk in clear text?
thanks!