directory-users mailing list archives

From Mark-nospam <temp1...@debusschere.com>
Subject Admin authorization for modifying passwords, did it change ? how to apply admin role to a user ?
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 02:17:54 GMT
The last version I was using M17, I believe my scripts were able to bind
with a private apps admin user and then create new users with passwords.
I updated to M20, this operation now fails with : "Non-admin user cannot access another user's
password to modify it"
I thought there was recent discussion on this but I failed to find it in the mail
archives and I don't see anything in changes between M17-M20 related to this.

Regardless, I would like to resolve in correct manner going forward.

Is it possible to create user A in partition A that can acquire Admin role for changing passwords

for other users in partition A or partition B etc.

Can this group be used to associate other users as admins? DN: cn=Administrators,ou=groups,ou=system

Or, is DN: uid=admin,ou=system the only user going forward which can make passwords changes

when the requesting user doesn't match user-password.

Thanks, Mark.