directory-users mailing list archives

From <Carlo.Acco...@ibs-ag.com>
Subject RE: ApacheDS Import via CLI
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 14:35:37 GMT
Not sure how you have this set, but for our initial import we set the following property:

ads-partitionsynconwrite: FALSE

This property is found where you define your partition.
dn: ads-partitionId=mypartition,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config

Setting this false allowed us to  import ~80K entries in about 15-20 mins.

Also, if you're using password policies, we disabled those too for the initial import.

Good Luck.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ezsra McDonald [mailto:ezsra.mcdonald@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, June 13, 2015 5:16 PM
To: users
Subject: Re: ApacheDS Import via CLI

Having the server down for the initial import is not a problem.

I am able to load 650 - 700 entries a minute. With almost 340k entries to import this will
take too long. My estimate is approximate 8.5 hours.

I tried breaking the import into four files and executing four ldapadds simultaneously but
that does not improve the load rate. I really did not expect the import would be faster but
I am desperate to get the migration done in less than three hours.

This is just informational. I really don't expect there are any solutions to meet my desired
3 hour window.

Thanks for the assistance. I will inform my team of my findings.