directory-users mailing list archives

From Stefan Seelmann <m...@stefan-seelmann.de>
Subject Re: Creating top level organization
Date Sun, 31 May 2015 14:51:11 GMT
On 05/31/2015 04:05 PM, Sohail Aboobaker wrote:
> I have a new install of Apache ds 2.0 and Directory Studio. I need to create a new organization
like o=sevenseas but when I try to open configuration from Directory Studio, it fails to open
the configuration view with "ATTRIBUTE_TYPE for OID ads-basedn does not exist!" error. I downloaded
the nightly build but the nightly build doesn't contain any view or perspective on mac. All
I get is a blank LDAP perspective without any views.

The latest Studio release is 2 years old and the ApacheDS configuration
editor of this version doesn't work with ApacheDS 2.0-M20. We are
working on a new release of Studio, expected within the next 2 weeks.

> Is there a way to create something similar to o=sevenseas using simple command line process.

> I also tried to import and export LDIF file but I get following error:
>
> #!ERROR [LDAP: error code 16 - NO_SUCH_ATTRIBUTE: failed for MessageType : ADD_REQUEST
Message ID : 17     Add Request : Entry     dn[n]: ads-partitionId=trusted,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
    objectclass: top     objectclass: ads-partition     objectclass: ads-jdbmPartition
 ads-indexes: apacheRdn     ads-indexes: apacheSubLevel     ads-indexes: apachePresence
  ads-indexes: apacheOneLevel     ads-indexes: apacheOneAlias     ads-indexes: apacheSubAlias
    ads-indexes: apacheAlias     ads-indexes: entryUUID     ads-indexes: entryCSN     ads-indexes:
o     ads-indexes: krb5PrincipalName     ads-indexes: objectClass     ads-indexes: ou
ads-indexes: uid     ads-indexes: employeeNumber     ads-indexes: displayName     ads-partitionSuffix:
o=trusted     ads-enabled: TRUE     ads-jdbmpartitionoptimizerenabled: TRUE     ads-partitioncachesize:
100     ads-partitionsynconwrite: TRUE     ads-partitionid: trusted : ERR_04269 ATTRIBUTE_TYPE
for OID ads-in
exes does not exist!]
> dn: ads-partitionId=trusted,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou= config

Here is an example of an LDIF that works: http://pastebin.com/Ywt1wx2T

What I did:
* LDIF export of
ads-partitionId=example,ou=partitions,ads-directoryServiceId=default,ou=config
* Changed the order of entries
* Edited DNs and attributes which contain "example", including the
base64 encoded ads-contextentry

HTH,
Stefan