directory-users mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lécharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] Setting up remote debugging
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 22:45:45 GMT
Le 06/05/15 19:06, alex.combs@accenture.com a écrit :
> Hello,
> I am trying to track down some issues that appear in some environments but not in others,
and to do so I'd like to remotely debug an instance.  I've got the project checked out of
svn and built locally, but I can't figure out how to start the ApacheDS service (Windows environment)
in such a way as to allow debugging.  I've tried adding

> wrapper.java.additional.9=-Xdebug
> wrapper.java.additional.10=-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,suspend=y
>
> to the wrapper.conf, but Eclipse just times out when I try to connect to it.  Is that
the right place to be making the change/even the right change to be making?  Thanks.

Usually, what I do is that I start ApacheDS using the apacheds.bat file
which is provided in service/apacheds.bat. You can add the JVM parameter
in this batch to run ApacheDS in debug mode.

You don't have to use the wrapper.

That should work.