directory-users mailing list archives

From R.Kumar <rajkumar9...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Kerberos issue - reg
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2015 10:16:55 GMT
Zheng, Kai <kai.zheng@...> writes:

> Did you run kinit on Linux with MIT Kerberos client package installed ? Or
you’re running any Java
> provided kinit command ?
>
> The issue might be related to the issue,
> http://bugs.java.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=7067974
>
> This is possible because ApacheDS currently relies on JRE in the
encryption support. Similar issues like
> this had been complained quite much if you’d like google about it.
Unfortunately no plain solution is
> clear to me. One stupid way to work around this would suggest you disable
preauth if ApacheDS server allows
> that via configuration.
>
> By the way, we will check compatibility between Kerby with MIT Kerberos/MS
AD and keep such issue in mind.
> With such aspects resolved we would enhance ApacheDS by leveraging Kerby
library if the server still
> desire to embed a KDC server. But this won’t happen so soon so it may not
help for you at this time.

> Regards,
> Kai

groups  using ldap. When i enable
> kerberos, it couldn't authenticate from apache studio or kinit command.
When trying to get ticket using
> kinit command, i am getting "Integrity check on decrypted field failed"
exception. When i use invalid
> principal, it shows "client not found". It seems that  it could contact
KDC server in apacheds but it might
> be encryption problem. Checked these in windows 8 OS. Referred many links
but unable to find the solution.
https://directory.apache.org/apacheds/kerberos-ug/4.2-authenticate-studio.html.
>   Can you please tell me how to solve this problem?
> Thanks,
> R.Kumar

Thanks kai. I run kinit command provided by java in windows 8 machine. But i
could successfully get ticket and authenticate with kerberos when using
windows server Active Directory. Is there any way to use ApacheDS as KDC in
windows successfully instead of active directory.

Thanks,
R.Kumar