directory-users mailing list archives

From David Cheney <dche...@nunahealth.com>
Subject Null Pointer Exception on replication 2.0.0-M20 java{7,8}
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2015 18:03:46 GMT
Hi,

I've been trying to set up master/slave replication with the latest release
of Directory Server.
I'm using Directory Studio to configure replication by adding a consumer on
the slave using the admin credentials for the master.

>From the logs it appears that the slave is contacting the master and
attempting to replicate, but the master throws a null pointer exception
while attempting to produce a result set:

[03:09:08] ERROR [org.apache.directory.server.PROVIDER_LOG] - Failed to
> [...]
> java.lang.NullPointerException
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.sendSearchResultEntry(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:754)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.readResults(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:722)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.doSimpleSearch(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:671)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.doInitialRefresh(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:562)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.replication.provider.SyncReplRequestHandler.handleSyncRequest(SyncReplRequestHandler.java:311)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.request.SearchRequestHandler.handleReplication(SearchRequestHandler.java:240)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.request.SearchRequestHandler.handle(SearchRequestHandler.java:200)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.request.SearchRequestHandler.handle(SearchRequestHandler.java:93)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler.handleMessage(LdapRequestHandler.java:207)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.handlers.LdapRequestHandler.handleMessage(LdapRequestHandler.java:56)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.handler.demux.DemuxingIoHandler.messageReceived(DemuxingIoHandler.java:221)
>         at
> org.apache.directory.server.ldap.LdapProtocolHandler.messageReceived(LdapProtocolHandler.java:217)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$TailFilter.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:854)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.callNextMessageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:542)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain.access$1300(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:48)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.DefaultIoFilterChain$EntryImpl$1.messageReceived(DefaultIoFilterChain.java:943)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.core.filterchain.IoFilterEvent.fire(IoFilterEvent.java:74)
>         at org.apache.mina.core.session.IoEvent.run(IoEvent.java:63)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.filter.executor.UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:475)
>         at
> org.apache.mina.filter.executor.UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(UnorderedThreadPoolExecutor.java:429)

I initially was running on java8, then downgraded to java7 when I saw that
there were a bunch of open issues regarding java8. I continue to get the
same error every time the slave tries to connect.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,